The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program allows you to activate an eligible* Verizon Wireless 4G smartphone, 3G smartphone, or basic phone on a No Annual Contract Plan.
Why would I want to bring my own phone to a prepaid plan?
There are a number of reasons to bring your own phone:
- You don't have to spend money to purchase a new phone.
- You have the option to bring the Verizon phone you love.
- You can repurpose an old phone that is not in use.
- You can recycle an old phone from a friend or family member.
- You can pass along a phone to a friend or family member so that they won't incur the cost of purchasing a new one.
Where can I use my service with the prepaid plans?
You can use your service in the Verizon Wireless Prepaid Coverage Area. Domestic calls made or received outside of the Verizon Wireless Prepaid Rate and Coverage Area will be charged at a roaming rate of $0.20 per minute.
Note: If your smartphone can use Wi-Fi Calling and the feature is turned on, you can call from anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi calls to US phone numbers are free, even while traveling internationally.